A while ago, someone asked me for a list of vegetarian picture books for kids. Here are some recommendations.
1. Vunce Upon a Time by J.otto Seilbold, I have not had a chance to read this book yet. The description says it is about a vegetarian vampire.
2. Little Pea by Amy Krouse Rosenthal which is about a pea that has to eat “gross” candy to grow up to be a big strong pea.
3. A Turkey For Thanksgiving by Eve Bunting
4. The Night Before Thanksgiving by Dav Pilkey both three and four are about not eating turkeys.
5. Saxton Freymann illustrates his books by carving vegetables and fruits.
6. Oliver’s Fruit Salad by Vivian French
7. A Bad Case of Stripes by David Shannon
8. The Lima Bean Monster by Dan Yaccarino
9. Stone Soup there are a lot of different versions.